Saturday, June 21, 2008

IIT Mies

IIT Mies Wallpaper 2004 - portrait of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

IIT Mies Wallpaper (2004) is a project developed for the McCormick Tribune Campus Center at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) that features a portrait of architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe composed of pictograms that depict various student activities and, from afar, form a single coherent image. The 2x4 installation also includes copies of ANY Magazine (1994–97) for which the firm designed a layout system based on an underlying typographic grid.
What I like most about this portrait is that it was done using Adobe Illustrator. When I first saw it I was hype because I did something like in using Coca-Cola bottles and cans, but I didn't make the pattern small enough, I guess, to complete the effect of using smaller images to make one large image. I'M ON MY WAY TO DI TOP TOP!!!
You know what's sick about this portrait? From far it looks like Benday Dots =]

No comments: