Saturday, June 14, 2008

Visual Tranquility - Concep


So I'm browsing the net, and I came across an artist and his work I found interesting. I haven't drew any pics since the 6th grade and works like this truly inspire me to get back into the habit. With that said, I took a step forward and sketched a few comics from the New York Times just to get back the feel of putting the pencil to paper. And, I even dropped my Sociology class for a Studio Art class next semester right after I found some of his works and read his story. INSPIRATION!!!
So, Who is Concep? A kid from New Orleans, Concep is a artist, dancer and a poet. Concep attended Ringling , an art school in Florida, as an Illustration major, then he moved to Brooklyn, NY attending Pratt Institute. Some artist movements that inspired Concep was Jean Michel Basquiat (I enjoy this guys work too!!!), Donde, Rene Margritte, Salvador Dali, Norman Rockwell, Michelangelo, and Bob Ross - he's been inspired across the board from the Renaissance to the graffiti movement in the early eighties.
Hopefully one day I can make a mark in the craft and create works as original as his.
(a2+b2=c2) you will almost always find on his work - representing, the past, present, and future.

No comments: